Monday, October 8, 2007

Autism Awareness

How much do you know about Autism? I will be the first to admit that I had no idea anything about Autism 2 years ago. And to this day, I am still learning. Our good friends, Toby and Leah Price have 3 children, Addison, McKade, and Marley Kate. Addy and McKade have autism. This video is a look into their journey with autism.






Autism affects 1 in 150 children today! WOW, 1 in 150, can you believe that! This past weekend, Melanie and I volunteered to help out with a Rummage Sale at Flowood Elementary School which all proceeds went to support the ONLY school in MS that focuses on Autism. The final total was around $400, but there is still a long way to go to reach the goal of $15,000.

The next fundraiser will be Southern Belle T-Shirts. I know EVERYONE loves their Southern Belle shirts and this is a perfect reason to buy another one! I know I will be the FIRST in line to get one. BUT, they will only be sold by word of mouth. They cannot find a store that will sell them and give the Autism School all of the profits. So, if you want one, PLEASE email me!! The shirts will be teal blue with a large puzzle piece on the back which reads,"Southern Belles believe in Miracles...Autism Awareness"

Just know the support is needed!! I hope to see these shirts all over!! Their goal is to sell 500...wouldn't it be great to double that!!?? WE NEED YOUR HELP!!
Please email me!!

No comments: