Tuesday, November 4, 2008

#24

Thankful that the election is FINALLY over!!

I am not one that talks politics, that's my husband's job! LOL! Nor have I really had any interest in politics. I registered to vote when I turned 18, but have never voted. I didn't pay attention enough in school to really know the major differences between the two parties.

Until this year. I know, I'm from Mississippi. A Republican state. My parents, grandparents, family, and friends are Republicans. So should I be a Republican, right? After doing hours of Googling and hearing it daily from Alan (who is from Pennsylvania, and is a die-heart Democrat), I learned about the parties and made my OWN decision. It's not easy to go against the norm. But everyone is allowed their own opinion and that's what is so great about this country.

Thankfully, the bad-mouthing, negative campaigning is over! But I'm sure I will still receive those emails of why Obama is not what God wants, as so on, and so forth! I will read them. It doesn't mean I don't think you should have your own opinion.

I just may not agree with it!

No comments: