Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

#1 and #2: Thankful for my Heavenly Father and my Family

Without #1 I would have no life and without #2 my life would not be as wonderful!

*******************

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was as great as ours! We spent the day, at home, just us seven. A very first for the Youngs. Usually Thanksgiving Day is full of driving and eating with different family members: my grandmother's for early lunch, Alan's parents, here at our house for late lunch, and then my mom's for dinner. This year we celebrated with my grandmother this past weekend (due to my aunt having surgery, which she made it through perfectly!), Alan's parents stayed in Florida, and my mom went to St. Louis.

I do have to say it was very relaxing, although I miss my grandmother's dressing, my MIL's mac & cheese and my mom's asparagus casserole...Oh, well, there's always Christmas!

*******************

So, what's next for me? Well, making my list for Black Friday shopping and getting to bed early, of course! I'm not quite as enthused as I usually am because there just doesn't seem to be a lot on sale that I want to get. I'm sure while I'm standing it a line at 5 a.m., with a warm caramel macchiato, I will change my mind!

No comments: