Wednesday, December 3, 2008

5 Random Facts at Me

1. I won a car about 5 years ago!! You'll never guess what I had to do in order to win it! I sat in the car for eleven days....Yes, I typed that right! ELEVEN days! Holy cow! That was eleven days without a shower, eleven days sleeping and eating in the car, and eleven days just sitting there waiting. Waiting for what you ask? For the other 5 people to get out of the car! It was a contest for a local radio station called "Live In It To Win It". 6 people started out. We were only allowed get out twice a day, 5 a.m. and 5 p.m., to go to the bathroom, brush our teeth, and stretch. Finally, about 10:30 p.m. on the eleventh day, the other guy decided to get out and go home....And I walked drove away with a brand-spanking new Chevy Impala-it had just 7 miles on it!!!
2. I went to Paris when I was 17. I was a cheerleader in high school and was chosen to be on the All-American team, along with 2 other girls from my squad. We had a choice to go to a few different places to perform and chose to go to Paris. We performed at Disneyland Paris and in front of the Eiffel Tower! It was so much fun! The only thing I regret was not being as interested as I should have been about the sights. We went to the Louve and saw the Mona Lisa, walked and shopped the Avenue des Champs-Eleysees, and took a boat tour down the Seine River. Paris is beautiful and I hope to visit again someday and appreciate what it has to offer.
3. Speaking of traveling, there are so many places I hope to have the opportunity to visit one day. Once the kids are grown and out of the house, my plans are to travel the world! Just a few places I want to go: France, Italy, Australia, and I would love to visit each state atleast once!
4. I lived in Montana and Seattle as a child. I remember Montana was too cold and Seattle was too rainy! And now I live in Mississippi where it's too humid!
5. I hate wearing socks, they make me feel claustrophobic!! It can be the dead of winter and I'm sockless. I even wear my boots without socks! The only, extremely rare, exception....the socks have to be really, really thin. And I wonder why my kids are like this!!

No comments: