Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Snowing, It's Snowing

Yes, the reports of snow were true! We woke up to sleet this morning and by early morning it began to snow and actually stick! We are expected to get 2-5 inches total! WOW!!

Schools let out early of course. Alan had already left for work and I had to go get Morgan with all of the kids...So I dressed Hannah, Ethan and Emma Kate and went out to start the car and realized that there was snow ALL over the truck! I start panicking because we don't have a snow scraper...So I start running around the house looking for something, anything to use to scrape the windshield. I finally find this thin, plastic cutting board that I bought at the dollar store the other day. Hey, it worked. Desperate times call for desperate measures!

I finally get on the road after loading the kids one by one in the truck. Let it be known that I have NEVER driven in anything like this....Needless say, by the time I got to the front of our neighborhood and after sliding on the road numerous times, I was starting to really panic....to the point I called Alan and was hyperventilating and crying! Yes, the thought of having all the kids in the truck and possibly wrecking caused a full blown panic attack!! Alan finally got me calmed down and explained to me that I needed to "pump" the brakes. I make it to the school (thank goodness it's only about 5 miles away!) and g0t back to the house safely! Whewww!

I let the kids out to play for a little bit when we got home....They had a blast!

Yes, you will notice they need hats....It normally doesn't snow so we aren't winter weather prepared!

Looks like I need to make them some scarves, too! Speaking of scarves....Have you signed up for my giveaways?? Go here and here to leave me a comment and get entered! Drawing ends Friday!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Looks like they had a blast!
I know my kiddos did!!!!
I LOVE IT!